What do you need from your HR regarding trainings?
- The organization/agency maintains a training/seminar about DPA for their DPOs/CO
- The organization/agency will conduct refresher about DPA/DPOs at least 2x a year
- Give seminars/awareness in response to issues/topics regarding DPA
- The organization/agency integrates data privacy into other training programs, such as HR training, security training and new employee training to streamline important training material into a cohesive training program consistent with the organization’s training and communications objectives.
- Provide a privacy newsletter from NPC corporate information.
- Provide privacy awareness materials (e.g. posters and videos)
- Provide privacy awareness events (e.g. an annual data privacy day/week)
- Enforce the requirement to compete privacy training
- Provide ongoing education and training regarding DPA and/or DPO awareness
- Maintain certification for individuals responsible for Personal Information Controller (PIC)/Personal Information Processor (PIP) including continuing professional education for DPOs
- Measure participation in data privacy training activities (e.g. numbers of participants, scoring)
- Require completion of data privacy training as part of performance review