March 4, 2022 | 4:04 PM GMT+0800 Last Edit: July 6, 2022
A. DURATION OF THE VALIDITY OF CERTIFICATES OF REGISTRATION
The Commission is extending the validity of ALL EXISTING Certificates of Registration (CORs) issued in the year 2021 from 08 March 2022 to 08 March 2023.
For Certificates of Registration issued before 2021, PICs and PIPs are directed to RENEW their registration with the Commission.
B. GUIDELINES FOR PROCESSING NEW REGISTRATION, RENEWAL, AND AMENDMENTS
1. For both REGISTRATIONS AND RENEWAL, strictly follow the set guidelines herein provided as follows:
a. PICs and PIPs are required to use a generic DPO email address which is not personally identified with the person (the appointed DPO) but with the position (i.e. [email protected]).
Upon completion, a new Certificate of Registration to the PIC/PIP/Individual Professional shall be issued.
2. For AMENDMENTS covering 2021 and 2022 registrants:
i. The amendment cover letter Click Here
ii. Updated Data Protection Officer form; and
iii. The copy of the Certificate of Registration issued by the NPC in lieu of the following:
– Certificate of Registration (SEC, DTI, or any similar Document); and
– Franchise, license to operate or any similar document.
b. In emailing the required submissions, please use the subject: Amendment_(Name of PIC/PIP/Individual Professional/)
Upon completion, an amended Certificate of Registration to the PIC/PIP/Individual Professional shall be issued.
C. ON COMMON DPOs
1. All previously filed applications for Common DPO are now deemed APPROVED by the Commission. Furthermore, application for such will no longer be required and need not be reviewed by the NPC; and
2. Common DPOs shall be registered individually and separately per entity. The Compliance and Monitoring Division shall only accept unique email address per entity.
For questions and other concerns regarding registration and compliance, please email [email protected] .
ATTY. RAINIER ANTHONY M. MILANES
OIC – Director IV, DaSCO / Chief, CMD